IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How Many Deaths Will it Take?

A friend of mine committed suicide today. I cannot begin to understand it; perhaps I cannot make sense of it, but can only mourn.

I can speak for myself that this is a very difficult time, country, and world to live in.

The dream of Peace, Love, and Happiness for all seems so far away sometimes. But I guess that one of the main things that keeps me going and not ending up like my lost friend J. is the belief that we can work together to fix things, and we need not despair and let our society keep descending into an increasingly worse nightmare.

We must continue to speak out about the evil effects of the uncaring and incompetent actions of the unelected George Bush. And perhaps more importantly, we all must speak more and speak louder about changing things for the better today... and we need change to come faster. How many more need to die in an illegal and immoral war, or neglected in the floodwaters of a great city because our nation has no resources or caring for them, or from suicide from living in these times of lost dreams and lost hope. Let's change it now.

To other bloggers and myself, I quote Bob Dylan:


Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen,
And keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come again,
And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin,
And there's no telling’ who that it's namin';
For the loser now will be later to win.


Yes, the times, they're STILL a'changin!

We've had a bad detour; let's get back on the road:

PEACE NOW! FREEDOM NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home