IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Slippery slope?

I glanced at this headline [in a groggy fuzz] on a newspaper that I didn't buy this morning, and I am grateful that BlogAsheville is reporting (passing along a letter from the couple who are possible victims of discrimination):


Virginia and I recently got legally married in Provincetown, Mass. Upon our return to Asheville, we decided to submit our wedding announcement to the Asheville Citizen-Times...

...the owner(s) of Wolf Laurel Slopes, where we had been doing ski and snowboard photography for the past two seasons, did not want us there any longer once they heard about the publication of our announcement.


Yep, you can travel and get married, come back and have *no rights at all* from it, but suffer discrimination no less.

Please do contact Wolf Laurel Slopes as urged by the couple, and I for one do believe that boycott is likely in order, absent the emergence of new information otherwise.

Wolf Laurel Slopes
P.O. Box 969
Mars Hill, NC 28754

For the following address, include Rick Bussey's name on the envelope:

Mr. Rick Bussey
c/o Scenic Wolf Ridge Resort
104 North Main Street
Weaverville, NC 28787

If you prefer to use email, please send to: marketing@skiwolflaurel.com

Technorati tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Smith said...

Ryvr,

Wow. I love meeting Asheville Bloggers. We'll get you blogrolled at BlogAsheville ASAP. If you've got a minute, drop by Drinking Liberally at Jack of the Wood Thursdays at 7. There's several Asheville bloggers who attend, and it would be great to meet you.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ryvr said...

Cool! I think someone actually did add me to the blogroll, for which I am grateful. I have put a permalink to AshevilleBlog also. I also did see the notes about the drinking liberally thing and am thinking about stopping by ... not sure how I'll recognize y'all, but I suppose I could walk around making bizarre inquiries... :-)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Gordon Smith said...

We have an excellent table at the front of the bar with a very splashy sign announcing ourselves.

See you there.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home